What is Efflorescence?
- April 19, 2017
- Posted by: MahaChem
- Category: BLOG, Coating, Coating ST, ST, Surface Technology
Efflorescence develops from migration of water soluble sodium, calcium and sulfate salts from the concrete wall with lower temperature and higher moisture content to surfaces with higher temperature and lower moisture content, usually exterior wall surfaces, through capillary networks in the wall.
How to solve efflorescence problem?
- Find out the water supply source and stop it.
- The idea solution is to apply one coat of solvent based acrylic primer to seal the concrete surfaces to prevent any water migration to the surfaces.
- The alternative solution is to apply a water based styrene acrylic primer. The primer has to be low PVC and formulated with special grade of styrene acrylic emulsion for primer used.
- After sealed the surfaces with primer then apply two coats of topcoat to finished the job.
If you are interested to learn about our solutions, please feel free to contact us via email.