Causes of Alopecia & Solution to attain Hair Growth
- October 15, 2019
- Posted by: Jiamin Ng
- Category: BLOG, Care LS, Living Science, LS, Personal Care
How much do you know about Alopecia (Hair Loss)? Do you have all information needed to understand it?
Alopecia refers to the loss of hair in some or all areas of body.
|Types of Hair||Anagen Phase||Catagen Phase||Telogen Phase|
|Normal Hair||~4 years (85%)||~3 weeks (1%)||~4 months (14%)|
|Alopecic Hair||shorter (60-80%)||0.01||longer (20-40%)|
Alopecic hair is characterized with having:
- Shorter Anagen phase (Hair growth)
- Longer Telogen phase (Hair fallen)
The rate of Hair loss increases due to longer hair fall period and shorter hair growth period.
Types of Alopecia
The common types of hair loss can be categorized into the following:
- Round patches of hair loss (Alopecia areata)
- Total hair loss (Alopecia universalis)
- Wave pattern around the edge of scalp (Ophiasis)
Possible Causes of Hair Loss
Human hair consists of a kind of protein called “Keratin.” The same protein constitutes the fingernail or toenail too. The dermal papilla of the hair follicle is distributed in small blood vessels, supplying essential nutrients for hair growth. Sebaceous glands supply oil and make the hair to be glossy. When it supply excessive oil and stop providing nutrients, sebaceous glands causes hair loss.
Another cause of hair loss is Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormone. This hormone is commonly found more in male. This is the reason why baldness occurs more often in males than females. In fact, the hair loss among females typically involves only thinning of hair. Other factors may include stress, genetic and environmental factors. Hence, how can one prevent hair loss from happening?
Our Solution: ApepActigrowth-10
ApepActigrowth-10 is an anti-hair loss agent consisting of Copper ions and high concentration of Tripeptide-34. It slows down hair loss by controlling the male hormone secretions and stimulates the proliferation of dermal papilla cells. This solution has the following specification:
|Appearance||Clear to Slightly Blue Hazy Liquid|
Anti-hair loss Mechanisms of ApepActigrowth-10
There are 2 anti-hair loss mechanisms involved in ApepActigrowth-10.
1. Inhibition of DHT Synthesis
- Reduce DHT production by inhibiting 5a-reductase I and II by Cu ions
- Amino acids, combined with Cu ions characteristic of the low-molecular structure penetrate the hair directly to the epithelial layer and hold onto the nature fatty acid.
- Cu ions triggers the formation of significant copper-dependent enzymes, such as ability to connect the collagen and elastic fibers.
2. Proliferation of Dermal Papilla Cells
- Stimulate the proliferation of dermal papilla cells
- ECM constituents are important for promoting of hair growth
- As entering the Telogen phase (Hair fall phase), follicles containing ECM constituent will be removed together with the fallen hair.
- Cu ions presence in ApepActigrowth-10 will control the hair growth cycle by increasing cells of fiber bundle and promote synthesis of ECM constituents in dermal papilla cells.
This mechanism was proven from a test conducted by our supplier. The result of test showed Bcl-2 (Protein in lymphocytes that enhance cell growth and proliferation) expression increased and Bax (Protein coding gene that promotes apoptosis) expression decreased in dermal papilla cells upon applying ApepActigrowth-10 (left to right). Hence, ApepActigrowth-10 functions to stimulate the proliferation of dermal papilla cells.
ApepActigrowth-10 can effectively execute these mechanisms as it:
- Possess complementary and synergistic effects that can overcome shortcomings of the existing hair loss medication
- Is made in Nano Liposome (Nanosome) form, which enables easier penetration into skin even at low dosage.
Comparison with Other Hair Growth Agents
The graph shows the average Hair growth (%) over 21 days after treatment with different anti-hair loss agent.
In the Evaluation of Telogen Hair Follicle Stimulation, ApepActigrowth-10 (AHK Cu) was compared with other hair growth agents such as Copper Peptide (GHK Cu) and Minoxidil to measure its efficacy. As a result, it was shown that ApepActigrowth-10 promoted higher average hair growth rate (99%) than other competing ingredients only with 1.25% dosage.
As an additional information, only 0.25% dosage was required to promote average hair growth rate of 38%.
Other Benefits associated with ApepActiGrowth-10
Other advantages of ApepActiGrowth-10 include:
- Non-toxic to human
- High stability even at 50°C in water
- Promoting skin flexibility and elasticity
In-vivo Test with ApepActiGrowth-10
An in-vivo study (Morphological study of hair) was conducted for 28 days. The result of the study showed that thickness of the hair improved and number of hair bulbs increased after the hair treatment with ApepActiGrowth-10.
Formulation Guideline (Hair Tonic)
|Phase||Raw Material||Function||INCI Name||Supplier||% W/W (gram)|
|A||Aloe Vera Extract BG||Moisturizer||Aloe barbadensis (leaf) extract, Butylene Glycol||TEN||1|
|Ginseng Ferment Extract HD||Revitalize Hair Skin||Lactobacillus/Ginseng Root Ferment Filtrate, 1,2-Hexanediol||TEN||1|
|Sunflower Seed Extract BG||Anti Oxidant||Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol||TEN||1|
|Water||Solvent||Water||Add to 100|
|B||ApepActigrowth-10||Hair Growth||Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin,PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor oil, Copper Tripeptide-34 HCl, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol||A&PEP||5|
|D||Citric Acid (20%)||pH Adjuster||Citrix Acid, Water||qs|
|E||Troycare PE 91||Preservative||Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerine||Troy||0.8|
Formulation procedures are as the following:
- Mix phase A at room temperature
- Add phase B mixing
- Add phase C if necessary
- Add phase D
- Add phase E
The End Product Appearance is as given below:
Will you give a try to formulate with this solution?
If you are interested in Apep Actigrowth-10, please find more details from the button below.