The Most Compatible Thickener to Glutamate Surfactants: Thickmate A
- October 22, 2019
- Posted by: Jiamin Ng
- Category: LS, Personal Care
Are you having problem to thicken Amino Acid Surfactants?
Compatible Thickener to amino acid surfactants
Due to the high demand for sulfate free products, amino acid surfactants have become one of the popular choices. Especially, glutamate, a kind of amino acid surfactants, is a 100% natural water-saving amino acid surfactant, which is mild and suitable for sensitive skin.
However, many were hesitant to use glutamate as primary surfactants, because the surfactant is extremely difficult to be thickened due to its unique molecular structure. Why is this the case?
- Glutamate surfactant is unique as it contains a relatively large hydrophilic head with two carboxylate radicals and small hydrophobic tail.
- Big hydrophilic head prevent the increase of packing parameter
- Easy to form spherical micelle (when parameter is smaller than 1/3), not rod-like micelles, warm-like micelles and etc.
Various special polymers have been used to improve the viscosity of the surfactant system. However, they often resulted in undesirable sensory attributes and poor foaming effect. Hence, it is obvious that many formulators found developing an affordable non-polymer thickening solution is the most desirable option to them.
How to overcome such issues involved in the natural amino acid surfactants?
Our Solution: Thickmate A
Thickmate A is a thickener & co-surfactant for glutamate surfactants and other amino acid surfactants with the following specification:
|Appearance (25 ℃)||Slight yellowish to amber, clear to slight turbid liquid|
|Viscosity(As is, 20~25 ℃,mPa.s)||3500 Max|
|Use Level (%)||10-22|
Application: Sulfate-Free Body Wash; Hair Shampoo; Facial Cleansers; Hand Cleansers; Baby Head to-Toe Cleanser; Feminine Wash, Dish Detergent; Carpet Cleaners; Home Cleaners; Dairy Cleaners; DIY products; Spa/Salon Products; all cleansing products
Patent: Patent pending
Unique Value Proposition of Thickmate A
Thickmate A is special compared to other alternatives because it is:
- Halal Certified
- Highly compatible and Excellent stability with Glutamate
- PEG-free, EO & PO-free, Polymer-free, Sulfate-free Surfactant Blends
- Easily comply with Natural Product for Personal Care per NPA (Natural Product Association) rules
- Capable of self-thickening with adjustment of pH within 4.8-5.8
- Easy to thicken even in cold process
Self-thickening Glutamate Conditioning Shampoo (Silicone-free, Oil-free, Sulfate-free)
|PHASE||INGREDIENTS||FUNCTION||INCI NAME||Supplier||W/W %|
|A||Eversoft UCS 50SG||Primary Surfactant||Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate||SINO LION||24.0|
|A||EverLipid EFA||Mild Emollient||Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate||SINO LION||0.5|
|A||EverSmooth LC-HC01||Conditioner||Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetearyl Alcohol||SINO LION||1.0|
|A||EverQuat 22P||Conditioner||Behenamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate||SINO LION||0.5|
|A||Glycol Distearate||Pearling Agent||Glycol Distearate||–||1.5|
|A||Deionized Water||–||Deionized Water||–||To 100|
|B||Thickmate A||Thickener||Sino Lion Proprietory Blend||SINO LION||18.0|
|C||Citric Acid (50%)||pH Adjuster||Citric Acid||–||q.s|
- Mix Phase A at 80℃ with agitation until uniform
- Cool to room temperature with agitation, add Phase B and mix until uniform
- Add Phase C gradually with agitation until the formulation becomes visually thick, measure pH and viscosity when the desired viscosity is reached.
End product appearance
|Appearance||Slight Yellow Pearlescent Fluid|
|Viscosity, cps||10 000- 13 000 mPa.s (25℃, Brookfield RVT, 20rpm, 5#spindle)|
Do not hesitate. Start using Glutamate Surfactant with Thickmate A now!
Email us for FREE sample now!