Industrial Solutions : Q-TRACT Sunlight Concentration Test
- December 20, 2018
- Posted by: MahaChem
- Category: BLOG, IS, Laboratory Equipment IS, Market Innovation
Does your Products last as long as it should outdoors ?
Super-Fast Results from Natural Sunlight
Q-TRAC natural sunlight concentrator testing gives super-fast results like accelerated laboratory testers, but instead uses actual sunlight as the light source. It is exceptionally useful for highly durable materials with exceptionally long lifetime expectations.
- The Q-TRAC system uses an array of 10 mirrors to reflect and concentrate full spectrum sunlight onto the test specimens.
- It automatically tracks the sun throughout the day in both azimuth (horizontally) and elevation (vertically).
- The combination of mirrors and tracking maximizes the amount of exposure that your test specimen receives.
- It has a water spray system that can be set to perform various cycles to simulate thermal shock.
Materials tested on the Q-TRAC system are exposed to much more sunlight than those on a conventional outdoor exposure rack. A test specimen mounted on the Q-TRAC tester receives an average of 5 times more UV than it would in Florida, because of the tracking and intensifying effect of the mirrors.
Many correlation studies indicate that the Q-TRAC natural sunlight concentrator is particularly useful for testing coil coatings, powder coatings, automotive coatings, and several plastics.
Several standardized cycles – including desert, spray, freeze/thaw and interior (behind glass) – are available to test different materials and end-use applications. Customized exposures also may be designed.
Recognized Test Standards that are applicable
- ASTM G90, ASTM D4141, ASTM D4364, SAE J1961
The Q-TRAC tester produces real-world results in a fraction of the time of natural exposures. This means that new formulations or products can be brought to market faster, saving time and effort. Additionally, Q-TRAC testing is extremely affordable – packages start at less than the cost of a cup of coffee per day.
If you are interested in this product, please contact us